Friday 13 November 2009

BBFC research

The British Board of Film Classification is an independent, non-governmental body, which has classified cinema films since it was set up in 1912, and videos since the passing of the Video Recordings Act in 1984.

The bbfc has various age restrictions they use the following to ensure they allow the right aged people see the right amount of explicit movies;

U - Universal.
PG - Parental Guidance.
12 - Suitable for 12 and over.
12a - Means the someone under the age of 12 can watch the film whilst accompanied by persons over 18
15 - Suitable for 15 and over.
18 - Suitable for adults.
R18 - Suitable for adults, only sold in certain places.


My thriller film may be affected by the age restrictions as followed;

I will make my film for the age group between 12a-15a the reason for this is because i am aiming for this audience because it's a wide range of customers. I will also be making my film within the guidelines for example mild swearing, otherwise it will offend the viewers.
It will also be too hard to make our movie to aimed at a lower age group because U's are normally cartoons which we can't possibly record ourselves.

When we are deciding what we are going to film will be from my questionnaire that i have asked 10 people to fill out. The results of this will be published on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment